(800) 219-9359

Not For Profit Corporations

What is a Non-Profit 501(c) Corporation?

Non-Profit Corporations are formed for charitable, scientific, religious or educational purposes, etc. If the corporation is to qualify for tax-exempt status by donations then it has to qualify with the IRS.

Sometimes they are referred to as 501(c)(3) corporations. Without the IRS qualification, any donated funds will not be considered a tax free exemption.

The 501(c)(3) is designated by the Internal Revenue Code. The 501(c)(3) qualifies your non-profit corporation as being tax exempt.

The non profit corporation will not be a taxable entity as long as its activities are for ** charitable, scientific, religious or educational, or a combination thereof and as long as it is issued the exemption.

Contributors will be permitted to deduct the contribution on their personal tax returns. Once the IRS has issued the tax exempt status, the corporation will be allowed to receive a tax free contribution. You must be approved by the IRS before donations are considered tax deductible.

Global Corporate Services will arrange to form your new corporation in such a manner so as to be in compliance with state law and qualify for the special 501(c)(3) exemption status. We are associated with a legal firm who will prepare and submit the paperwork to the IRS to obtain the 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status. Once the application has been accepted, you will receive a formal letter of determination from the Internal Revenue Service. This process, once properly submitted, takes about 3 to 6 months.

Click here to see our chart on clarification of non-profit tax exempt companies.LINK

Non-Profit Corporation Fee - $525.00 - Includes The Following:

Free Name Search for Non-Profit Corporation

Expedited Fee Included for Processing in 24 Hours

Preparation and Recording of the Certificate of Incorporation

State and County filing fees

Certified Copy of Certificate of Incorporation

Delaware Registered Agent Fee

Basic First Class Mail Forward

Process Application*(SS4) for the Federal Identification Number




How To Apply for 501(C) Status

To apply for 501(c) status by having our attorney file the forms on your behalf. Please also note that some nonprofit corporations must also qualify as a 501(c)(4) or other tax-exempt company. Please be sure to speak with a qualified legal and/or financial advisor before making any decisions. You may address your questions to our Tax Accountant via email.

** The following text was taken from the IRS site on qualified exemptions for not for profit companies.

An organization may qualify for exemption from federal income tax if it is organized and operated exclusively for one or more of the following purposes:




Testing for public safety



The prevention of cruelty to children or animals

Fostering national or international amateur sports competition (but only if none of its activities involve providing athletic facilities or equipment)

To Qualify For 501(C) Status

To qualify, the organization must be a corporation, community chest, fund, or foundation. A trust is a fund or foundation and will qualify. However, an individual or a partnership will not qualify. Examples of Qualifying organizations include:

Examples of Qualifying organizations include:

Nonprofit old-age homes

Parent-teacher associations

Charitable hospitals or other charitable organizations

Alumni associations


Chapters of the Red Cross or Salvation Army

Boys" or Girls" Clubs