(800) 219-9359

What is an Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers (TIN)?

An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) is an identification number used by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) in the administration of tax laws. It is issued either by the Social Security Administration (SSA) or by the IRS. A Social Security number (SSN) is issued by the SSA whereas all other ITINs are issued by the IRS. It is a nine-digit number that always begins with the number 9 and has a 7 or 8 in the fourth digit, example 9XX-7X-XXXX.

Do I Need an ITIN?

If you need to file a personal tax return with the IRS, open a personal bank account, own property in the US, you need either an SSN or an ITIN. As an international client, one who was not born in the US you will have difficulty in obtaining an SSN. The other alternative is to apply for an ITIN.

Who must file US personal tax return?

People who must pay taxes but who may not be eligible for an SSN include:

A non-resident alien filing a U.S. tax return and not eligible for an SSN, If you are not a U.S. citizen, you are considered a “non-resident alien” unless you meet one of two tests; (1) having a “green card” test or (2) passing the “substantial presence” test for the calendar year.

An example of a non-resident alien who needs to file taxes is a person who owns or invests in a U.S. business and receives income from that U.S. business but lives in another country.

U.S. resident alien (based on days present in the United States) filing a U.S. tax return and not eligible for an SSN (for example, a foreign-born student in the U.S.).

Dependent or spouse of a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident.

You generally must list on your individual income tax return the social security number (SSN) of any person for whom you claim an exemption. If your dependent or spouse does not have and is not eligible to get an SSN, you must list the ITIN instead of an SSN.

ITINs do NOT provide

Immigration benefits

Legal immigration status

Legal presence in the U.S

Work authorization

Cannot be used to prove work authorization on an I-9 form

How Do I Get A ITIN?

You could apply to the IRS yourself. However, obtaining an ITIN on your own can be a drawn out process which requires a lot of documentation and can be a very frustrating process when you are not living in the US.

We, on the other hand, are authorized by the Internal Revenue Service as an Acceptance Agent. We will process the application for you. Hiring us as your Acceptance Agent can still take up to four months but once you provide us with the legal documentation the end result will be worth your wait.

We will  process all forms with the IRS as required to obtain an ITIN.

If you are interested in using our service please complete out online form and process payment as quickly as possible.